DO NOT TAKE AN OATH


My Children, listen to what I have to say about proper speech, do as I teach you, and you will never be trapped.  Sinners are caught by their arrogant, insulting words.  Don't fall into the habit of taking oaths, and don't use God's holy name too freely. A slave who is constantly beaten will never be free of bruises, someone who is always taking an oath by the Holy Name will never be free of sin.

Anyone who takes oaths all the time is sinful to the core, and punishment is never far away from his household.

If he fails to fulfill his oath, he is guilty.  If he ignores his oath, he is as twice guilty. If his oath was insincere in the first place, he cannot be pardoned and will have a house full of trouble. Sir. 23:7-11

Teach me Heavenly Father to be honest in my dealings with my fellow creatures.  The implication of insincerity is very grave, Father I do not want to bear the consequences of unfulfilled oath.  Father deliver from this evil in Jesus Christ name I pray.  Thank you Father for words of warning against swearing.

Comments

MY DEVOTION

TO THE GREATER GLORY OF GOD

WISDOM AS INSTRUCTOR

HUMILITY, PRIDE AND ALMSGIVING